Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Real Bling

I am a typical girl.
I love jewelry and the pizzazz that it adds to the simplest outfit. 
It may be silly, but sometimes I am drawn to certain people
because of their jewelry, as if it's revealing their personality
and that they may be a kindred spirit.  

What I love even more than a beautiful piece, is one that has
meaning, significance, maybe even a story behind it. 
For me, this special piece of jewelry is from the Hubby.


Surprised?

For our first anniversary, he gave me this dainty necklace.
I couldn't love this simple treasure more,
because he picked it out for me. 
I plan on rockin' this bling when I'm a granny.

Another favorite is my scripture necklace.
Talk about a conversaton starter.
People usually ask what it stands for, thinking it's my
first initial paired with some numbers of significance.
So, I tell them the story behind it,
the story of God's rich mercy towards me.

 I explain Ephesians 2:4-5.



If given the chance, I explain the verses before 4&5 too;
it makes them that much more beautiful.

On the days when no one asks, it is a constant reminder to me
about my Savior's great mercy and love towards me.
He rescued me out of the depths of my own depravity.
Now, that's real bling.

No comments:

Post a Comment