Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Abstract Flowers

"Abstract Flowers" is, by far, my favorite piece that I have created. I love the distressed feel, the collision of colors, and the contrast of shapes. In actuality, this piece was only my second try at painting. It's funny how God may bless us with talents that go undiscovered until we take the plunge and dive into the unknown. I laugh at myself most of the time while painting. The process usually involves going one direction, covering the canvas with craziness, not liking the craziness, painting over the craziness with white paint, and starting all over, headed in the opposite direction...to achieve, in my opinion, a much better craziness. I know I have so much to learn with this new love, so I'm just going to try to focus on the joy it brings right now. While my paintings rarely have a pronounced spiritual message or significance, my prayer is that He receives the glory from every brush stroke and outcome. I'd like to think he'd hang one ...maybe on his big fat heaven refrigerator.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I was the first to leave a comment! BTW I googled you (caroline haley designs) and your blog is already up there!

    ReplyDelete